New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
What do I have?
3 Replies
Oestaira - August 30

Well..where to start? Since I was eleven I have had weird symptoms that come and go...I've been improperly diagnosed with acute alergies, intense migraines and ADHD...I knew that all but the migraines weren't true. Through research I started to suspect that I have Multiple Sclerosis...everything just seemed to fit. I finaly got in with the neurologist and he doesn't think it's MS...he mentioned fibromyalgia so I've been doing research.
I get spontaneous muscle pain that feels like it's deep in my bones. I get intense chest pains that I was told was acid reflux, then finaly found a doctor who said it was esophogeal spasms. It still feels like my heart though. I get pain in the area of my lungs, too. I can't sit with my feet on the floor, I have to have them up in the chair. I also have to move alot when I'm sitting or I get legs will start to burn, go numb, or completely cramp up. I have memory problems, cognitive dysfuntion and I'm always tired. I also have TMJ (temperomandibular joint disorder). I'm scheduled for an EEG on Monday morning to see if they can find blood work came back fine, my MRI was benign...I really wish I knew what I had. So many doctors have drugged me for things I didn't have or told me that it's all in my head. I just wish I knew what it was...


Andrea - August 26

Sounds like FM. I hope you can find a Doc that will LISTEN to you and hopefully have such a burden for you that he or she will not stop until you have been helped and PROPERLY diagnosed.


tonyab1838 - August 26

You need to get to a Rheumatologist, they are more trained in diagnosing FMS. It does sound like FMS. The pain that you are having in your chest and ribs sounds like Costochondritis. I had that for 2 months and my Dr. put me on Prednisone for 2 weeks. Hopefully you will get a diagnosis soon, don't give up. Take care and God bless!


Jean - August 30

It sounds like FMS and Myofascial Pain Syndrome, I suggest also see your Rheumatoloist.



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?