New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
I would appreciate ANY help
10 Replies
rebuck13 - October 8

Im a 24 year old male in the US. For the past year and a half I have been having a pain in my left side stomach, and left side groin. Sometimes going to my left testical. This pain is always with me, from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I constantly have the urge to urinate, I must go what seems to be about 30 times a day. And I will usually go without having a bowel movement for 3-4 days.

The pain feels like it is right under my skin in my stomach, and can be described as a burning and sometimes a stabbing pain. The pain in my testical and groin can be even worse, sometimes inhibiting my ability to move.

I have been to the doctors numerous times and even the emergency room a couple times. I have had blood tests, prostate exam, CT scans, ultrasounds of my testical and kidneys. But, no help. Everyone says they cant find anything medically wrong with me.....they give me a fist full of pain medication and kick me out....starting to lose hope.

Help please.


Stacey373 - October 8

Hi rebuck13 - I really don't know anything about the problems you are describing. Hopefully someone else on here who is more knowledgeable about what you are explaining will be able to help you.

I can tell you that the major symptoms of Fibromyalgia are chronic pain for at least 3 months, pain in all 4 quadrants of the body (doesn't have to be at the same time), headaches, major sleeping problems, and I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now!

The only way for a doctor to diagnose Fibro is by giving you what is called the "Tender Point Test" which is when they put slight pressure and you have pain in most of the 18 tender points on your body.

They can also do a blood test to check your vitamin D levels. Most fibro sufferers are Vitamin D deficient.

Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you. It doesn't sound like you are having Fibro problems...but if you think you might have this, you should see a rheumatologist. It sounds more to me like you need to see a Urologist or someone like that.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I wish you luck in trying to figure out what's going on...I know how frustrating it can be when the doctor's can't figure it out. Take Care, Stacey :o)


Fantod - October 8

rebuck13 - I really doubt that you have Fibromyalgia based upon your description.

Have you see a neurologist? Another option might be a pain management specialist. The latter may be best suited to figure out where the pain is actually coming from. It may be referred pain from something else that is going on. I would call your local hospital and ask for the physician referral service. They should be able to match you up with either specialist. Take copies of your medical records with you including any recent tests so save time and money. Good luck and take care.


Fantod - October 8

Another thought is a gastro doctor especially since you are having intestinal issues. The pain you experience and that may be related.


Noca - October 9

Could be cysts that have grown in your body somewhere.


duhda75 - October 9

I would think your best bet would be to see a Gastroentestial Spec (G.I. Dr). That sounds like a intestinal or urinary problem. And, just because the tests come back persistant. You know your body better than anyone else. Don't give up & good luck to you:0)


Fantod - October 9

I've been noodling your situation a bit more. Some of your symptoms remind me of endometriosis which is usually found in women. However, it IS possible for a man to have it as well. I'm just shooting in the dark here but it is definitely something to check. Take care.


kvc33 - October 11

Go see a chiropractor, you would be amazed at the things they can do. It sounds to me like there is something wrong with a nerve on the left side. When you pee is it just a bit each time? Try to resist the urge to go to the bathroom constantly. You need to retrain yourself not to do that. I understand that this is a medical problem but bladder training can be helpful. Work on your constipation by taking fish oil capsules every day. Sometimes food sensitivities cause constipation. See a naturopath to help you sort out what would be the best diet for you. Keep searching, the answer is out there.


axxie - October 12

What you have is Epididymitus pains, they should have told you that at the doctors office or at the hospital. Stop riding your bikes, or motorbikes, and have yourself checked for std's. You may not have any, and don't want to offend you. The other thing you can do, is get yourself on antibiotic, in case there's an infection that won't clear itself. Then another round of antibiodics should clear it all, as long as you take your medication and take all of it, on a regular schedule especially the antibiodic. If you are running stop, stop any physical activity including having sex, and wait a few days, it should subside. Good luck, and no nothing will happen to your reproductive organs, unless you have had stds in the pass that was not treated properly, that is why you should be on antbiotics, they are only good to ward off any infections that don't show up.


axxie - October 12

I'm no doctor, but you don't have fibro, you are are even the radar to have fibro. Go make another appointment to your regular doctor and ask him to do a battery of tests, some you may not like, but you will find, you have nothing, except like I said, what you have is: Epididymitus pains, when you see your regular doctor not the hospital or the clinic, ask him/her to explain what you have and what you should do for it go away. You're pain will go away, what you need to do, is stop all sports, stop having sex for a few days and see the pain subside considerably. Load up on ibuprofen.


Fibrosukz - October 12

Rebuck13 : it really could be a number of things. Since your voiding soooo much, i would think kidney stones??? Have you cut yourself in your leg,stomach area....lymphnodes could be swollen due to infection??? I would ask the dr for more blood test such as liver functions also urine tests to rule out any infections. Are you on pain meds? Pain meds can constipate you, if you are on them, drink lots of water.I hope you get the right answers :o)



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?