New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Behcets and Fibro
2 Replies
ARIZONA - July 13

This is a reply to the question about Behcets. I have Behcets and have for 20 years.One would have lesions in the mouth or female areas as a sign. It also can have symptoms similar to Fibro but the ulcers in the mouth, female area and skin sets it apart.
I do not know how to reply on this site. So, I started a new topic,
Now, mouth ulcers can be a side effect of some medications, so look if there are any medications one is on. (MTX is one I know of)
Behcets can be very mild for very severe.
Why does your Rheumatologist feel you have Behcets?
If you can reply I will answer any questions one has!
Good luck.


fibromite.u.k. - July 13

Hi Arizona, thank-you so much for answering. I think my rheumy suspects it because I keep getting bathes of ulcers on my tongue as well as all the fibro symptoms. They last for ages and are very painful. I also get boils, ulcers and foliculitis in other areas too. Also two years ago I suddenly lost my hearing in one ear and I think that could be bahcets too. She says she won't say too much about it until she has done some more tests. I really don't know much about it except for what I have read and it sounds pretty frightening. I have been put on some new tablets back in April, but the severe ulcers on my tongue started way before that. I also have a blood clotting problem which may be another sign of it. I would like to hear more from you. Do you get fibro as well? My health has never been good, but over the last 7 or 8 years, it has got rapidly worse and every year I seem to collect more symptoms.


ARIZONA - July 25

Yes, I would agree with your Doctor and there is not a definitive test for Behcet's. It is a clinical DX. I would ask for the RX mouth rinse for Behcets to help with the ulcers. Maybe your Doctor could try a combo of Prednisone and Dapsone. Then one could see how you respond? If you are in the UK. Dr. Desmond Kidd in London is an excellent Doctor to see for Behcets. It would be in the private sector though.One can get damage that is not reversible if not treated promptly. So, I would ask for a referral to a Behcets Specialist. Good Luck.I wish you the best!



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?