New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
I am looking for a doctor in southern IL who isn't afraid
6 Replies
bfly1269 - September 23

I am 35 and diagnosed 2 years ago. All I get from DR. is "you're so young" & "these pills are addictive" & "pain pills make your muscles tighter when you come down from them". It seems to me that I am better off moving around on pain pills then remaining sedentary all the time! If there is no cure I frankly don't care if they are addictive.


Misti47 - July 28

Contact your state board and complain about your doctor. Its actually against the law for them to do that. Ask around and call pain clinics, pain management.


Fantod - August 5

Go to the National Fibromyalgia Association website and register. Then you can see a list of healthcare providers in your state that deal with Fibromyalgia (FMS). You can also call your local hospital physician referral service and ask them for a referral to a rheumotologist and/or a pain specialist with an interest in FMS.

Have you tried Cymbalata, Lyrica or Savella for the pain and stiffness associated with FMS? If not, you need to find a new doctor.

Take care.


fibro4years - August 5

Definately find a new doctor. I take hydrocodone
and without it I would have no quality of life.
I know that sounds extreme but before my pain was
managed I could barely get out of bed. I can at
least clean my house go to a movie and enjoy my
kids. I still have many limitations and have to
pace myself but at least I am not curled up crying
in pain. I tried other drugs first but they did
not work. Reading everyones feedback I notice a
large amount of people taking narcotics. I was
feeling a little self concious about getting 150
to 200 pills from the pharmacy, they look at you
kind of funny so I started doing mail order.
Others on hydrocone out there wondered how many
mgs. a day your on.


katrinalove_1 - October 9

There is a very good rheumatologist/neurologist in Carbondale, IL. He gives injections to help you with the pain and inflamation and I just started taking cymbalta for fibromyalgia and neuropathy. I can't take pain pills very often because of my kidney disease. I will let you know if the cymbalta helps. The doctors name is Dr. Sawar.


lhaney - August 9

I recently read an old post you wrote about Dr. Sawar in Carbondale. I live 20 miles from there and am going to ask my dr. to refer me. How does he help you manage your fibro symptoms?


January - August 15

katrina's post is pretty old, but just wanted to note here that Cymbalta has some possible links with kidney disease, especially kidney stones. Google for more information.

This is what emedtv has to say about Cymbalta: "

This drug is not recommended for people with severe kidney problems, such as kidney failure (renal failure)."



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?