New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
sek1950go - March 19

I am a 62 year old women that was diagnosed in 2000 even though I'm sure I have been suffering much longer. I have recently had a lot more trouble with my hands. I go through periods of such pain I can't hardly pick up a fork to eat and find it much more comfortable to eat finger foods. I was wondering if this is normal or if any one else had more isolated pain as they get older. Looking forward to reading lots of good info.

Jocelyn - March 19

Since you are on the Fibromyalgia site, I am assuming you were diagnosed with Fibr in 2000. Many people here have an unusual pains in particular places. Please use the search box and see if you can find someone who had specific hand pain. Usuallay Fibro hits more than just the hands, plus you could have an overlapping arthritis condition.

I hope you feel better and find someone who has your same problem.

sek1950go - March 20

Thank you for your response. Yes, I was diagnosed with acute fibromyalgia in 2000 after suffering for many years. The hand pain is just something that has gotten especially worse over the last few months. I go through stages where my pain is more acute in different areas of my body, hips, thighs, ankles, back, neck, you name it. I also have overlapping arthritis in some areas of my body and even though I have not had my hands x-rayed, other areas of my body has been and arthritis is very obvious. As we all know, living with this disease isn't easy.

Jocelyn - March 20

I am so sorry to hear you do have an overlapping condition. I was thinking about your hand pain and my girlfriend has overlapping conditions too. She was having awful pain in her hands and she went to the doctor and they found that she has some sort of gout arthritis in her hands, her ankles and feet were paining her too. Maybe it would be best for this painful situation to be looked into. I know, we are ALWAYS at the doctors for something and it gets tiring. But this could be something all together different.

Please keep well and let me know what you find out.

January - March 22

Hi - about the painful hands. I don't have that - but know of others with it. There are mittens you can buy that are microwaveable. The heat helps some people with their pain. Could be all kinds of things causing the pain - arthritis, carpal tunnel, or maybe referred pain from a bad disk in your neck?

Whatever the cause, hope you find something to relieve the pain. It does wear you down.

crazygran1 - March 23

hi am new to this site,
so i hope i can learn from other fibro sufferes how to deal with this illnesss,i feel i am giving up but i know therer must be people worse than me,
its the simple things in life is the hardest,how can we not empty a dishwasher/washing machine etc,but there is no help out there for us? why

January - March 23

Hi crazygran, welcome to the site. How long have you had fibro? What do you mean you feel like you are giving up? Do you mean it's hard to accept the diagnosis?

This is a good site. Sometimes it's very active and sometimes not. The General Discussion section usually has more traffic than this part of the site. I've been on for over a year, and have learned a lot by sharing info with other people here. You can plug any term into the blue search box at the right, and old conversations about it will come up. There is help out there, but you have to find it. Good luck on your journey. You can do things to help yourself.

Jocelyn - March 24

Hi Carzygran,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Please do not give up. See if you can explore other alternative programs to help yourself feel better. It has taken me years to get to this bad place I am in now, but I am now just starting to move up and slowly, but gradually feel better. I didn't think I would ever be able to walk, empty a dishwasher or washing machine, but I am now back to be able to do that. I cannot carry the clothes up, but I can fold and put them in a basket. it has been ONE step at a time and it hasn't been easy, but it has been worth it.

Please let me know how you are doing and what you are doing to alleviate your pain.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question