New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
new here
3 Replies
nicegrins - June 21

Hi my name's tracey, I've just learned that I've got fibro. I have 2 children age 23 & 16. The 16yr old is disabled and I have a grand-daughter age 4wks.

serafin - June 23

Hi Tracey,
I too am new and I've had it for about 10 years! I too have two children 28 and 26 and 5 grandchildren! I know! But it's a beautiful thing! I've been getting alot of upset stomach with cramping as if I have some sort of virus ,I'm just getting over it! Missed work yesterday and it happened again last month . Looking up "associated condition" I noticed that Crohn's desease fell under those symptoms. Have you ever felt that way? I have to go see my dr. soon and will mention it to her. Otherwise I hope you are having a better time than me, take care and good luck.

axxie - June 27

Hey there nicegrins, welcome to the site. We give advise and comments, and oh yes, we cry and laugh together.......

I'm 52, only have a 16 year old who she thinks she should be the "the golden child", spoiled and it's both hubby and my fault.

I've had fibro for quite sometime but was able to work and do everythig, that is until it hit me with a brick in 06, when I fell from an elevator, went to work for about 8 months in 07/08 but my desperate self needed time to sleep and get focused, instead I found out for sure I had fibro, been on Cymbalta for about 8 months now, and it has helped me wonders. Haven't returned to work and not planning too.

I'm the funny lady on my block and this year I've been able to garden again, not the same way but still garden....

Hope you are taking it lightly, it's the only way.... that and humor.....

Fantod - June 29

Serafin - Your symptoms sound like IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) to me. IBS is a common complaint with fibromyalgia (FMS). In addition to mentioning it to your doctor, you might want to amke a note about your diet. There may be a correlation to the onset of your symptoms and something that you ate. I notice particular things set me off so I try to avoid them. It is not always fool-proof but it does help. Take care.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question