New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Bach - April 2

Due to all the pain, I'm not sleeping well, eating well,etc and my anxiety is getting bad, cause my body feels so bad, help....

lucky13 - April 6

Are you taking any meds to help. I was diagnosised with General Anxiety order long before I was diagnosised with Fibro. The anti depressent I am currently on helps greatly with my axiety and helps me control my worry.
The not sleeping is common with Fibro as well, it's a horrible cycle, you can't sleep so your body can't heal to feel better, so you feel worse causing your sleep to be even worse.
Have you tried taking something for sleep. Even something OTC can help like Tylenol PM.

Bach - April 6

Hi luck13,
I believe part of FM, is havivg anxiety,sleep problems,etc.Before I was diagnosed, I was alreadt taking a moid sedative. I wake up at about 4;00 from neck & head pain,from the accident I had.The accident triggered FM. I doomed!!

lucky13 - April 7

Yes often time anxiety and general anxiety disorder can go along with Fibro, but there are medications to help with it if it gets bad.
Usually certin types of antidepressents work well to treat anxiety.

joeboy - June 11

anxiety is so common in fibro because our bodies and brains are stuck in sympathetic mode i.e. fight or flight mode. New research shows that fibromyalgics have constant sympathetic interruption. this explains the sleep disorders as well as anxiety.

January - June 23

I recently read that a high number of people with fibro have suffered injuries to the neck! (Forgot to bookmark the source.) I was in a bad car accident with serious whiplash and muscle problems 30 years ago (before I got a fibro diagnosis… but my fibro symptoms definitely came on after that accident!)

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question