New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
what to expect
1 Replies
kras618 - March 28

i was rediagnosed in the other day with fibro, which is a confusing story. but i was just wondering what i can expect with fibro. i am home health aide and i am just wondering if i will still be able to work or what i should switch my career to. i do know everyone is diffrent but it seems like everyone i know that has fibro, doesnt work

Gabbie - March 28

Hello again Kras618. There are many symptoms of fibro and different degrees of pain/discomfort. On the left side of this site there is much information for you to read about this condition. Fibro symptoms come and go, at different times, at different intensities and you will probably have some bad days but hopefully good ones also. I work part time in retail and spend much time on my feet. I also babysit for my young grandchild 2 days a week. There are many times that it's really an effort for me but I find that I'm actually better when I keep active. I suggest that you try to continue working, at least for now, if you are able to do so. I spent many months in agony but my stubbornness kept me going and I've actually been feeling better these last couple of months. I still have some sort of daily pain, but I've chosen to keep myself active and not dwell on what hurts, kind of like turning up the radio to drown out an unpleasant noise. I truly believe that your outlook means a lot. I take Tylenol PM which gives me a more restful sleep, use lidocaine cream (prescribed by my rheum) on some of the pressure points that helps alleviate a lot of the discomfort and try to keep upbeat. Maybe these few things would help you also. Fibro is awful but don't let it win. My best to you.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question