New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Water retention
6 Replies
willow - October 24

OK- I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere as yet another symptom of Fibro, but I've been having a bad time with water retention lately. I went to my doctor, who ran tests and said that it wasn't caused by any of the big scary reasons (heart disease, kidneys etc), but it's not going away, and it's really starting to get me down. I guess I should also mention that I'm 53, and in perimenopause. Has anyone else had this problem?

TERESA - October 24

What, if any, meds are you on? I was taking Lycria and the doctor switched me to Neurotinbecause I was swelling pretty bad. I was also taking Predisone because I also have Lupus, so he took me off that too.

willow - October 25

I'm not on anything to do with the Fibro. But I am taking a low dose of Synthroid and Prevacid ( for GERD).

AmberRose - October 25

Im on sythroid and i ahve no water retention. Ive been on it for about 4 months now and if anything im starting to lose wieght not gain water. im taking 50 mg. as for the other stuff im not sure
here is a website about water retention....i jsut google how to stop water retention hopefully its helpfull

tlcone - November 27

I have HORRIBLE water retention. It's really bad in my hands. I am only 34 years old. I really think this swelling and retention has seomthing to do with FMS, although the Doctor's say it doesn't

larry - November 27

willow, water retention is mentioned as a symptom of hypothyroidism and fibro in mary sholom's books- "Living well with hypothyroidism, what your doctors don't tell you'. and "Living well wih fibromyalgia, what your docor doesn't tell you". I also had alot of water retention. When I changed from synthroid to bio-idential thyroid hormones that are natural and complete ( it includes t3 hormones as well) my water retention stopped.

CarrieLee - December 13

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question