Fibromyalgia - What is it, Really?
While this explanation from FibroFix.com really makes sense I would like to see an approach that repairs the lymphathic systems to operate more efficiently. However I think starting with addressing the symptons will get you going on the path to recovery, maybe a more natural way. This does make sense!!! I actually had several naturalpathic doctors talk to me about my lymphatic system. Also their is a tie in AGAIN with the thyroid as well with trauma, physical or emotional.
1. Fibromyalgia symptoms are caused by excess, viscous (too thick) Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid, synovial fluid, vaginal lubrication, saliva, etc.) being unable to flow throughout the body normally.
An enzyme, Hyaluronidase, controls the viscosity of HA. The most obvious example of this is vaginal lubrication being thinner or thicker at different times of the month.
In those with FMS, Hyaluronidase is not correctly controlling the viscosity of Hyaluronan.
HA is the natural lubricant, conditioner and nutrient-deliverer for all body tissue. The viscous HA cannot reach all areas of the body to maintain them. For instance, in the spine, this problem allows discs to become soft and lose shape and fail (bulge). In joints, the lack of lubrication and nourishment allows premature wear of the cartilage.
Tender Points correspond with the points at which the arteries branch from larger to smaller to smaller throughout the body, more specifically with the related lymphatic beds.
The arterial capillaries produce HA. It oozes out of the capillaries and enters body tissue. But in those with FMS, there it stalls. The HA does not leave through the lymphatic capillaries, to the lymph bed and on out.
The stalled HA is not outside its normal location, and is perfectly clear, so this malfunction had never been detected in blood tests, CTscans, MRI, Xray or physical exam. It might be possible to detect its movement with contrast media.
2. The impaired circulation of this critical, restorative fluid results in Irritable Bowel Syndrome, hair loss, several kinds of female reproductive malfunctions including Infertility, Fatigue, Pain, and other body deterioration, including joint degeneration, vertebral disk softening and bulging, and weakness in joints. Whatever the HA can't reach breaks down and cannot function correctly.
3. This deterioration is reversed when body-wide congestion is reduced with expectorants and decongestants, allowing the Hyaluronic Acid to reach all body tissues. In the majority of people we have talked to, the HA is too acidic and needs to be counteracted.
4. The viscous HA cannot get out of the body in the normal fashion.
5. Restless Leg Syndrome (due to extreme sleep loss), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (while still viral) and at least some cases of Gulf War Syndrome may be variations of the same problem. Some other very serious illnesses, such as pulmonary fibrosis and OCPD, may be related.
6. Sufferers do not get physically- and mentally- restorative sleep due to an over sensitivity to light and sound.
7. The lack of HA circulation starves the brain, causing Brain Fog. It clogs normal pathways and headaches result; this deficiency starves other areas, causing pain, weakness and loss of coordination.
These statements are based on my first-hand experience with extremely severe Fibromyalgia and the effects of the treatment I developed and am using that reverses the symptoms. They are confirmed by feedback from hundreds and hundreds of others using this treatment method and their experiences with FMS, RLS and CFS.
These beliefs and treatment represent an extreme departure from many of the commonly-held ideas about Fibromyalgia.
As of August, 2006, we have still not heard of any treatment other than the FibroFix method that reverses all symptoms, re-establishes body self-maintenance, and restores physical, intellectual and emotional health.
Hillebrand's Theory of Viscous Hyaluronic Acid in Fibromyalgia
The syndrome is often associated with prior incidence of virus, or physical or emotional trauma; these may cause a susceptibility to symptoms.
Food acids and possibly other factors may cause excess thickening of Hyaluronic Acid. They may inhibit the catabolism by Hyaluronidase on Hyaluronic Acid; there may be a deficiency of Hyaluronidase in the body. A malfunction in the release of Hyaluronidase from the liver may be the mechanism that causes the problem
The viscous Hyaluronic Acid cannot pass through the necessary membranes to reach joints and extremities, resulting in tissue degeneration, loss of function, pain, weakness, fatigue, over-sensitivity to sound, light and other stimuli, as well as other disabilities.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia can be reversed using daily treatment consisting of
a decongestant, an expectorant, a neutralizing agent, eliminating highly acidic foods from the diet, and through the promotion of deep, restorative sleep by restricting light and sound stimuli.
Fibromyalgia symptoms are caused by excess, viscous (too thick) Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid, synovial fluid, vaginal lubrication, saliva, etc.) being unable to flow throughout the body normally.
An enzyme, Hyaluronidase, controls the viscosity of HA.