New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Surviving
4 Replies
JW - October 1

How do I survive another symptom or diagnosis, especially if it is a bad one? I have more symptoms and I just know what the disease is that I have. I just know a doctor is going to confirm that I have scleroderma and raynauds. I just don't think I can handle that. I am in constant pain in my hands and feet. How do I survive this and not constantly feel depressed? Someone please help.

TERESA - October 1

JW, I just posted a question on the drug fourm, but I'll ask you here. What kind of drug regiment are on? I know that drugs are not a popular treatment sometimes on this fourm, but I believe they are not only helpful, but many of us need them. You seem to be a worrier & maybe you could benefit form an antianxiety drug & an antidepressant! Another thing is PLEASE make an appointment to see your doctor if you haven't already! These are probably symptoms of FMS but it could be you have something else (I also have Lupus a disease that is closely related to scleroderma & raynauds) & you need to start treatment for it!!!

JJ1 - October 1

You just need to keep talking to your doctor. If you have already been diagnosed with FMS and have had other things tested and eliminated, then whatever you are feeling is likely another weird FMS symptom. If it is something else, you need to find out because other illnesses can be helped if properly treated and could cause more problems if left undiagnosed and untreated.

Your depression also needs to be discussed with a doctor and treated in some way - meds or therapy.

JW - October 1

Teresa,

I am only on Ambien for sleeping right now. I have an appt. with Rheumatology on the 19th. But I am terrified to go. What if they find something really really wrong?

TERESA - October 1

Then you start treatment & the sooner the better ( all the way around )! Try not to worry so much & keep in touch.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question