New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Sleep Apnea
1 Replies
ladybug2007 - August 15

OK so I have sleep apnea and I am getting a CPAP machine. However, because of Fibro, I never go into stage 3 sleep so I never get that deep resting sleep that everyone needs. UGGGG.. Meaning, I am still sleepy all the time.

lucky13 - August 15

The cpap machine can help you get the sleep you need. I have had my cpap machine for 3-6ish weeks maybe and I can tell a difference already.
When you have sleep apnea, your body stops breathing, so your brain sends out a dose of adrenaline to shock your system so you breathe again, well this makes it so you don't get any sleep.
Me for example,I have mild sleep apnea, I stopped breathing 10 times an hour, so 10 times an hour my body is getting adrenaline to make me breathe again. That adrenaline running through your body all night is hard on your heart and alsp makes sleep impossible anyway. My sleep study also showed I had on average 32 disturbances and hour so every 2 mins something was waking me, or disrupting me enough so I wasn't getting the sleep I need.
With my cpap machine it has an SD card in it to record what happens, it will let my Drs know if my mask leaks, how often my body uses it, ect.
also getting a mask that fits is important to, I started out with a nasal mask that fits over my nose and it hurt the bridge of my nose, so I switched to nasal pillows that fit inside my nose and I am much happier with them, you just have to lay down and play with the fitment to find what works for you.

I really hope the cpap machine helps you get sleep. It has helped me a great deal and I am so thankful I had my sleep study done.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question