New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Skin pain
3 Replies
InHisSteps - October 1

Any thoughts on why when I scratch an itch on my legs it hurts like my legs are bruised? There is noting on the skin that I can see.

Thanks

annie_b - October 1

Yes please! If anyone can explain this I too would be grateful. My whole body feels like it's bruised. And then there are times when a spot on my skin feels like it's burning. Even though the chiropractor has done wonders with my ability to walk farther than a few steps, the pressure she uses on my back is so painful she brings me to tears because of the feeling of being bruised.

Fantod - October 2

The proper term for thiscondition is "allydonia." It is not uncomon in people who have FMS. Some people actually have trouble wearing clothing as any pressure on their skin causes extreme pain. I bruise quite easily and find that months after the bruise fades there is still pain in that area. There is also nerve pain associated with FMS. That can also cause some uncomfortable sensations. Gabapentin or neurontin are usually prescribed for burning, sharp shooting (think electrical) or stabbing pain. I hope my explanation is helpful to you. Take care.

Shau Marie - October 3

I have this sensation also and the Gabapentin does help some. I feel so sensitive to the touch like I am bruised, my husband is afraid to touch me. I too would love help with this problem. Fantod you are a treasure of knowledge!!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question