New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
newly diagnosed?
2 Replies
ljkentucky - June 15

I just need a place to get info and support. I'm a 46-year old female. Yesterday my doctor decided to start treating me with Savella. I have had several years of pain problems. They began mostly in my neck, chest, and back area. I thought I was having heart attacks. Had several EKG's, heart stress tests, ultrasounds and even
nuclear dye test. All came back normal. All of my GI test always came back normal. I just had another round of pretty routine blood work. Everything was seemed normal. Prior to this (over a year ago) my doctor began treating me for stress and anxiety. I take an anti-anxiety med and trazadone to help me sleep. However, I keep having these reoccurring pains and anxiety/panic along with those.

My pains do occur in approx 10-11 of the spots that are related to fibromyalgia. The spots aren't really terribly tender to touch always, but they are always where the pain I feel is located. It's hard to explain when one day your chest hurts, another day it's your back or legs.
Lots of times, I can really feel fine all day, then start hurting in the afternoon or at night.
Many times the pain is not in one spot, but and all-over ache. When this happens, it seems that I can gently stretch the area and get some relief. I have also been terribly fatigued for the past few weeks. Some days I don't want to get out of my recliner. This is very unlike me--I'm usually a fireball.

The pains in my chest along with a feeling of not being able to take a deep breath are what really bother me the most. Then I start wondering again if it's my heart and that starts the anxiety attack. Does anyone else have these problems? They are bad enough that I have gone to the ER--but there's never anything wrong.

Sorry to be so lengthy, but my Dr. suggested gathering as much information as possible to help me to learn about this and how we can manage it.

julissarodriguez - June 15

Hello ljkentucky,

It sounds to me like Fibro. I have had Fibromyalgia for over 6 or 7 years now, and I constantly experience the syptoms you have described. It is not an easy battle, there will be days when you feel like you dont have energy to get out of bed, and others where you feel like you can run a marathon. Dont give up, and request that your doctor start you one some Fibro medication, maybe Savella. I just started this med a few days ago, and I can already feel the energy has gone up, and the pain is going down. Let me know if you have any other questions.. We are all a big family here, so youre more than welcome to vent and ask questions ljkentucky ...

Thanks,

Julissa

LAMB - June 15

Hello lg! You're not alone. I just started Savella Sunday night after my doctor had no results from three MRIs, an EMG, and multiple blood tests over the past year. I have also been treated for anxiety/depression with lexapro for several months without relief of symptoms. I'm hoping the Savella can help both of us. From what i've heard so far, it appears that our symptoms cause us stress and then the stress causes more symptoms. It's like a revolving door of self torture.
At this point, i would recommend what i'm doing, give the new meds a chance to take effect and try to focus your attention on something else besides your symptoms. I find that keeping myself busy doesn't take away the pain, but it makes it less noticeable. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some relief.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question