New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Newbie With Questions
2 Replies
regions - September 13

Hi all - I'm new to this board and hoping for some answers. I've had a frozen shoulder (left side) issue in the past and had 2 cortisone shots plus physical therapy. That issue was cleared up over a year ago. I started having muscle pain in the same arm about 2 months ago - not the shoulder but the upper arm area. Using a heating pad and massage seems to help some. I can't sleep on that side at all. Then last night my right arm started aching and I feel very "tight" across my shoulders/neck area. Just got back from a 9 miles bike ride and that always helps. I haven't been to a doctor yet with this issue. I'm too young to feel this damn old! Just turned 53 on 9/9! Does this sound like fibromyalgia or lupus or what? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Fantod - September 13

Hello - Hard to say if it is Fibromyalgia (FMS). You could have bursitis in both shoulders. I would make an appointment to see a rheumotologist. If you have any recent bloodwork tests, get copies to save time. Having had frozen shoulder in the past does not necessarily mean you have FMS. It is possbile to have one without the other. Another possiblity may be myofacial pain which can cause neck and shoulder issues. I think your best bet is to call your local hospital physician referral service and ask them for a referral to a rheumotologist. Take care.

axxie - September 15

hi regions, you mentioned biking, maybe you were holding the bike handlebar to tight which would describe the frozen shoulder and having a few cortisone shots and physical therapy work, I would speculate that is what your problem is with your arms.

As for the tightness across the shoulder and neck area is more I think related with the way you ride your bike.

As for fibro, you would need to start keeping a diary of your health problems and see your primary physician and talk and see if a rheumy would be required at this stage.

If you have many other symptoms, then that's all different ball game, then I would then go see a rheumy with your'e diary.

Good luck to you, hope you respond.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question