New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
new here
5 Replies
Jeanwe8 - November 12

I found this website yesterday, and I'm glad I did. I have had fibromyalgia for several years now. It's good to be able to connect with others that have it. My husband is caring and supportive, but people who don't have fibromyalgia just can't begin to understand what it's like. At times, he gets upset because he doesn't want me to be in pain, yet there's nothing he can do to make it go away. I've had such bad luck with rheumatologists that my primary physician is treating my fibro. I take Oxycontin for the pain (the smallest dose available). She monitors my use of Oxycontin carefully, so that I won't get addicted to it. Right now, it's the only thing that works for me. On days where I have a lot of pain, it just dulls it somewhat, but that's better than nothing! I know that there are medical conditions out there that are worse than fibromyalgia. Hopefully, some day something can be found that will help all of us function much better in our daily lives.

Take care, everyone!

toots2889 - November 12

Welcome Jeanwe8! I to am new to this sight and glad to have found it. It does help so much to have support from people who really understand what your going through. My husband and I are seperated(partially because of this)and I have 2 boys. Its really hard to deal with this some days.I just want to crawl in a hole and dye but then I think of them and keep pushing threw. Take care and God Bless.

Fantod - November 12

Welcome to the forum! Have you tried going to the National Fibromyalgia Association website and asking them for a referral to a fibro-friendly doctor in your area? You are very lucky that your primary care doctor acknowledges the existence of fibromyalgia and is willing to treat it. Just about every one on this board has had a notably bad experience with one doctor or another. Take some time to read through all of the iformation on the lefthand side of this page and through the recent posts. There is a lot of good information and some nice people on this board. Keep in touch and take care.

trans - November 12

Everyone's pain level is different and our pain filter does not work properly. As far a pain meds, I try and hold off until I get home from work to take anything, My job is very demanding and I have to be on the top of my game. I hear what you are saying about your husband, mine is great, and somedays all he has to look at my eyes and he can tell how bad a day I am having. Take care.

Jeanwe8 - November 13

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I have a feeling this website is going to help me a lot when I'm feeling isolated with this condition. Since no one else that I work with, live with or am friends with has fibromyalgia; I know I can go here and be understood by those with the same problems.

trans - November 13

Oh please don't every feel isolated, we are all here and probably 100's of years of dealing with this between all of us. I like to sign on here at night see what everyone's day has been like& I know I am never alone. Take care and keep in touch,

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question