New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
appleannie - June 10

So, we're trying a new cocktail. Trigger point injections + mirapex + soma +tramadol.

Can anyone tell me about their experience with Mirapex?

fibromite.u.k. - June 10

I have been taking mirapex for three and a half years and feel that it stopped me from loosing my mind with restless legs. I had restless legs so badly that I hadn't slept for eight weeks and was like a zombie when I saw a neuro about this problem. He saw how ill it was making me and said that mirapex was the best thing for I could take for it. It contains dopamine which is given to people with Parkinsons but in a much higher dose. However, at that time, mirapex (pramipexole) had not been approved in the U.K for fibromyalgia and at first we had to buy it in from Canada. After five months of appealing to be able to be prescribed it by my own doctor, they finally relented and let me have it. It has been wonderful. The only downfall is that although at first, I only needed to take one every night, I now need to take three. I have to take two at about 7p.m. and that stops my restless legs starting up in the evening, but I also need to take one when I go to bed as if I don't then I wake up about 4a.m. with restless legs. They have a long list of side effects, but amazingly for me (I have lots of allergies and intolarances to medicines), they have not caused me any problems. I hope you get on with them as well as I have.

appleannie - June 10

mite:

I'm taking one tablet three times a day for the first week, and if that doesn't show any effect, two tablets 3x. Thanks for responding. I'm hopeful. That's the most important thing.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question