New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Looking for help for a dear friend
0 Replies
beloved_friend - March 16

I have a friend who was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a year and a half ago, and I don't know what else to do to help her. When she was first diagnosed she was actually sleeping pretty much all day on a blow up mattress on her livingroom floor for almost 3 years before she was diagnosed. A month ago she finally put the blow up mattress away and now goes up the stairs to her own bed!! But that is all she wants to do, I understand her pain and not wanting to do anything, but not having her condition I cannot understand it fully, although being a cancer free person for the last 4 years, I think I can..alas, I dont have fibromyalgia so... anyway, I constantly try and get her to go for walks with me even if it's around the block and she refuses. I love her to death, but I dont know what else to do, she refuses to go to counseling as she is always depressed, she refuses to do anything. I am getiing fed up. I don't want to walk away but I seem to get depressed every single time I am around her and I hate that feeling. I also lost a son and understand major depression, it took me 6 very long years to get help and to the top of that mountian and enjoy life. So I am asking for help for me to help her, or do I do like everyone else in her life and walk away until she gets help? I so very much don't want to do that, I cannot even begin to describe how bad I don't want to do that, but what else do I do? I hope someone could help me with this. Thanks for your time. Dani

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question