New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
LEG pain
2 Replies
Karkel - June 21

Going to an orthpedtist to have legs checked out..mainly right knoee..Rheum.tells me Fibromyalgia and arthritis and gives me meds but I want to have an MRI to see if anything else...anyone else have bad leg pain and have a had time getting up from a low chair or toliet ? sorry......My legs ache...throb like a tooth ache.

Pikespeak - June 21

IMHO orthopedists like to do surgery...I would question if your thigh muscles are weak...strengthing might help the knee? Ask the doctor and let us know what happens!

January - June 22

Is it the muscles or the joints that hurt you? If it's the knee, as Pikespeak says, be careful of surgery. I just read in the latest AARP magazine that arthroscopic knee surgery is one of the commonly done surgeries that is not so good. But the MRI would probably give you a good diagnosis and that's the best place to start. Also, have you had an ultrasound to check for blood clots in your legs? Before taking any meds, get a proper diagnosis and run everything by your doctor.

If it's something simple like arthritic pain in your knee joint, read our post on Voltaren gel under the Fibro Drugs Topic (at the right). Both of us have had some pain relief with this. Voltaren is a prescription NSAID, but in the form of gel, so it absorbs right into the joint and doesn't upset the stomach. We're both using small amounts and getting some pain relief. BUT, get a correct diagnosis first.

Good luck with it.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question