New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Knee pain
9 Replies
Metalroof - October 21

I was diagnosed with FMS many years ago. Generally, I just have aches and pains -- nothing major -- headaches, and some fogginess.

This happened a few years ago and again recently ... I had a lot of knee pain for a few weeks and then it started feeling better untill I pushed myself and walked too much. The next morning, it hurt and eventually when I was walking it felt like something burst in my knee. I could not put any weight on it after that.

X-rays showed nothing abnormal.

With Vicodin, I am getting around on one crutch but things really hurt.

Has anyone ever experience this sort of thing with FMS?

Thank you.

Amyloo - October 21

Hi, I have had pain in my legs so bad that twice I had to use a wheelchair. I felt like an idiot, until I realized that when I see someone in a wheelchair I don't think anything of it. Pride I guess. So for me the pain can vary in intensity to an incopacitating degree.

Metalroof - October 21

Thanks. Wow. Hang in there.

carm - October 22

Well, I'm not sure about knee pain but about 3 months ago I had a bursting feeling in my calf and when I went to the doctor they couldn't find anything and so they put me on pain meds and told me to baby it that it was possibly microtears in my calf muscle. Well, at times it still hurts but not as bad. I wonder if we take longer to heal also if you have FM.

Maura A. - November 1

Amyloo I also am using a wheelchair at times. It was very hard at first to use it. But I have found that people are very nice and I am able to get out now.

Maura A. - November 1

Amyloo I also am using a wheelchair at times. It was very hard at first to use it. But I have found that people are very nice and I am able to get out now. Good luck.

Virg - November 2

HI Metalroof. I used to have strong legs and walked a lot. Over the past two years I feel a lot of pain in thighs ankles and calves. The knee pain I assumed was due to an accident (a truck backed up and banged my right knee) but its pain in both. If I kneel to do something I can't undo the bend and have a very awkward time getting up. My fibro pain started with the upper body mostly but now it has hit the knees and legs. I keep thinking its the degenerated disc in my back thats causing the problem but now I'm not sure.

Wanda - November 9

Metalroof, Most of my pain through the years has been in my upper body, however now I'm having problems with pain in my hip joints and knees. My legs have also become much weaker even thought I keep going and try to walk. At my last appt with my rheumatologist he made me walk and said I have an abnormal gait which is putting too much pressure in different areas.

He sent me to a place that makes prosthesis to have my pressure points in my feet tested. Sure enough I'm putting all my wait on the back of my feet and right behind my toes (I have a high instep). they are in the process of making some of those molded insoles to go in my shoes. They say they do wonders. HOpe to get them soon and try them out.

Jeanie - November 14

My knees are full of arthritis. But the insides and outsides of my legs burned. My ankle and feet hurt really bad. I use a walker when I have too. When I was little the backs of my knees hurt and my mother would come in and rub them until I went to sleep and they called them growing pains. Well I have them now and they are not growing pains. When I sit too long, I stand and it's like the muscles in the backs of my legs have shrunk and I have to stand a minute and try to get them stretched. I just had back x-rays so I am waiting for them. We're just people that have to stick together because nobody else will believe you because you look so healthy. God Bless Jeanie

barbar - December 17

Hey, can you check in and let us know how you're doing?

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question