New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Just diagnosed
2 Replies
cecilyrbornemann - February 18

I was just diagnosed and put on Relafen to help with the pain of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. Is anyone on this and do you know if it works or not? I just started the medication and am hoping it works and doesn't interfere with all the other meds I'm on for Bipolar.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated as I want some relief of the pain I"m in. It's disturbing my whole life.

Fantod - February 19

I looked up Relafen which is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis . This is not the standard treatment for FMS (fibromyalgia). Usually amitriptyline and something like lyrica are prescribed. It may be that your Dr is working around your other medications. I'd certainly be asking them why. Have you considered seeing a rheumotologist? Best of luck to you.

cecilyrbornemann - February 20

Yes, I have a scheduled appointment on March 19 with a Rheumotologist. The problem with Amitriptyline is we tried that once when I didn't know I had Fibromyalgia and it interfered with all my other meds I was on. I guess I'll go back to my psychiatrist and see what she says I should do.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question