New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
irregular periods
6 Replies
kaime - February 18

Hello to all...I was wondering if anyone has experienced irregular periods? I have always been heavy, then in the last 2 years I have skipped a month or two. Within the last 6 months, I have had maybe 3 periods...very light needing only a pantyliner, but lasting for 2 weeks at a time. I spot one day then for the next 2 days nothing, then spot again for 2-3 days then nothing and so on...it's kinda weird. I don't know if it's the fibro or changing life...??? It seems like it happens during a fibro spell but not really sure.

bwelladjusted - February 19

I can definitely relate. I have never had a regular cycle. I might have two in one month, or I might miss a month (seldom that lucky). I never have any idea when I'll start or where I might be at in my cycle. Within the last year or two, around the time my fibro started, I have had increasingly more difficult cycles. Increased PMS symptoms, severe ovary pain, etc. My last period lasted for two months nonstop! It was lighter than usual, but seriously! I talked to my doctor about it last year, but she said it isn't unusual at my age, it's just because I'm still a teenager. Well, I'm almost twenty, and I've had my cycle for 9 years. If it hasn't regulated out by now, I don't think it's going to. My next step is a hormone test...looking into that right now. My mom has endemetriosis (sp?)and lost an overy at 23. I'm not taking any chances.
Wish you luck!

kaime - February 19

Thanks for responding bwelladjusted...it is very confusing at times...lol

Canada17 - February 22

My cycle has not been the same since the birth of my daughter. Whether or not that is cause of my Fibro I do not know. However, I do know that my Fibro and my hormones are directly linked together.

I think I am perimenopausal. While only 27 it seems a bit unlikely but I have all the symptoms and I am not pregnant. For example, I have always had a 26-day cylce, heavy flow for seven days, without fail. I could have set my calendar by it.

Now, I'm about a 25-day cycle (they say anything less than 26 is "abnormal") and my period is very light, almost spotting, lasting about 2-3 days. In addition, I have crazy mood swings throughout the month now, instead of just the week before my period. I get hot flashes and night sweats as well and my libido is suffering.

I know I am young, but it's not impossible. I hope I am wrong, I don't want 20 years of extra suffering!

kaime - February 23

thanks for responding Canada17...I am 43 years old...I was thinking the same thing, that I was premenopausal. I too have mood swings that are often and my libido has definately dropped. I am mostly concerned with the fact that I "spot" for sooo many days...??? Good luck to you! :)

iliveinpain - February 23

kaime I started having those spotting issues in my late 30's and 10 years later had a hysterectomy and never looked back. Best thing I ever did in my life to be thru with that. It had gotten to the point that I was spotting 3 weeks out of every month. I did have fibroids and had a D & C which didn't work more than 5 months or so. Medication (hormone therapy) only gave me migraines, so I really didn't have much choice. I hope you are seeing a gynecologist about this. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

kaime - February 23

Hi iliveinpain! I work at an elementary school and am waiting for the summer to have a hysterectomy! I was going to have one last year, but after a vaginal ultrasound and ct scan, I chose not to. I wish I would have gotten it out of the way last yr! haha I have a varicose vein the size of a man's thumb on my right pelvic side over my uterus that has been causing me pain. When I have a flare up, it is worse! i guess from my muscles tightening up....???
Anyway...thank you so much for your response.Glad you are doing well with your "female" troubles..I will keep in touch! :)))

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question