New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
I have no idea...what do you think?
3 Replies
afadedhawk - October 9

hi. i'm new here. i'm 33 and the doctor just told me he believes i have FMS. i know i have a neurological disease called charcot marie tooth disease which causes nerve damage in the peripheral nerves and muscle loss. i also have a mass in my lung which is unknown whether it is malignant or benign.
my FMS symptoms are extreme fatigue and muscle weakness in my legs, thinning hair, brain fog, upper back pain, and pulmonary obstruction. i've always had joint and muscle pain since i can remember so that wasn't a symptom i was pursuing. i have balance problems due to my CMT (charcot marie tooth disease)
i'm not sure how likely it is that i have FMS and i'm quite confused and afraid. blood tests have came back fine for thyroid and blood count.

trans - October 9

Hi, If you would search the web I think you would find out that most of those symptoms are fibro except the pulmonary obstruction. Has a rheumatologist seen you, I believe they are the only ones who can definitely diagnose FMS. God Bless you and help you in your daily struggle.

Fantod - October 11

Hello - I would urge you to find a fibro friendly rhuemotologist in your area by contacting the National Fibromyalgia Association website. I completely understand that this is one more thing to deal with - all of us have been there to one degree or another. However, finding out will help you by relieving the burden of not knowing for sure. You have a lot on your plate. I hope that you will get a frim diagnosis so you can address whatever is actually wrong. There is a lot of good information on this site. People here are very supportive and helpful. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Anne Hillebrand - October 12

Test Saliva pH. Very important.

Is supposed to be 7.4, but in most Fibros it is a lower number (too acid). The lower the number the worse the symptoms.

You can change what you eat, drink and improve how you feel.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question