New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
How do I help my wife.
3 Replies
Valentine. - May 21

My wife has been a long time sufferer of fybromyalgia and multi chemical sensitivity. She went into remission for a couple of years or the symptoms do not seem as bad. Of late she has been suffering very badly with the aches and pains that go with fybro.
I try and help and comfort her. Is there anything else that i can do such as massage with an special oils that you suffers amy have discovered. Remembering she is a MCS person. Thanks in anticipation.

rockfaery - June 15

Being on here is a great first step! A big thing would just be helping with household stuff.. cooking, cleaning when she's flaring. Also a hot bath with epson salts can be a wonderful relief (but often jsut gettign the tub ready can be exhausting). The unscented bulk kind is best cause some of the lavender etc ones can be bothersome. Even just olive oil or baby oil can work for massages and tend to be less bothersome than many scented massage oils. Hope this helps?

Wendy - July 2

I am very impressed that you are so caring as to even enquire. My husband just doesn't want to hear about it. He even wakes me up to cook him a meal or run errands. Anyway, there is a lot of help now days for fibromyalgia sufferers. If you have not done so already, find a good naturopath who can reccommend a good diet plan. A powdered magnesium supplement should be used daily. Ring your local hospital to find out the location of the nearest pain management clinic. Gentle massage will help on a number of levels, most importantly, knowing that you care. I have not tried it myself, but my friend reccommended a chinese herbalist to me. I hope this has been of some help to you. I wish you all the very best.

larry - July 9

Understanding the dynamics of what happens to your body which results in fibro can help also. Dr. Murphree's book treating fibromyalgia is very, very good. His website also has lab tests that you can order to check what levels you are at. I downloaded the Fibromyalgia and CFS instruction manual for $19.00 ad find that he is right on. Has a similiar approach to the Fibro ad Fatigue Centers but with a more natural protocol. Actually quite effective also. http://www.drmurphreestore.com/index.html

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question