New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Hello Everyone!
3 Replies
alivenotliving - August 31

I have been away for quite awhile...but I am back and doing much better after a serious downfall. I did finally lose the loser in my life, but sadly, I did not let that happen for myself quick enough :(
I was taken for a lot of $...not a lot in some eyes...but it was everything I had for a safety net in case I fell. I am now homeless for the first time in my life(living in my girlfriend's basement...I lost my job due to depression and health issues...I am certainly lower than I have been in more than 20 years...yet I AM OK :)
My new "F" word for the future is "FORWARD". I CANNOT let this beat me. I WILL NOT allow myself to fold to the pain and depression and retreat into that dark shell. Today...I am to move forward. I am the owner of my soul; in control of my thoughts, feelings, and reactions to them. I am lovable & capable!

cincin - August 31

three cheers for you!!! I love your new "F" word. I am sorry about your past year & can certainly understand your hurt,despair and disappointment. I love your conviction in yourself, you are more than OK. I am new to this site and have been made to feel so welcomed and included, it has actually given me some drive again.

PEANUT - August 31

Hi. I am fairly new here and am going through alot and I have found your post to be most inspirational. You have taken on a super attitude and I too will take on this new 'F' word (forward) and incorporate it into my life. I'm sorry that you have been through so much and continue to do so, and I wanted you to know that your post had a positive effect on me as I'm sure it will on others.Keep your head up!

January - August 31

You WILL be OK! Glad you lost the loser, sorry you had to pay for your freedom. You are blessed to have at least one (and maybe more) friend(s) who will help you get going again. There is only one place to go and that is UP. Life is cycles of shadow and light - I'm old enough to know it. We learn a lot from the shadows, and must remember the light is always up there, above the clouds, we just can't see it sometimes.

Your own will is the most important thing… and suddenly, a favorite poem springs to mind. I don't mean you are defeated, you are NOT. But this is a beautiful poem that has meant a lot to me in dark times, so I'm going to share it (forgive the long post). I especially love the last two lines, they are the whole point of the poem! I hope the others here will like it too…

Defeat, my Defeat, my solitude and my aloofness;
You are dearer to me than a thousand triumphs,
And sweeter to my heart than all worldglory.

Defeat, my Defeat, my self-knowledge and my defiance,
Through you I know that I am yet young and swift of foot
And not to be trapped by withering laurels.
And in you I have found aloneness
And the joy of being shunned and scorned.

Defeat, my Defeat, my shining sword and shield,
In your eyes I have read
That to be enthroned is to be enslaved,
And to be understood is to be levelled down,
And to be grasped is but to reach one's fulness
And like a ripe fruit to fall and be consumed.

Defeat, my Defeat, my bold companion,
You shall hear my songs and my cries and my silences,
And none but you shall speak to me of the beating of wings,
And urging of seas,
And of mountains that burn in the night,
And you alone shall climb my steep and rocky soul.

Defeat, my Defeat, my deathless courage,
You and I shall laugh together with the storm,
And together we shall dig graves for all that die in us,
And we shall stand in the sun with a will,
And we shall be dangerous.

by Kahlil Gibran

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question