New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
getting disability
1 Replies
sally5 - October 24

unfortunately, my fibro has gotten worse. last March, I applied for Social Security Disability as directed by my doctor. Of course, I was denied the first time.I hired a lawyer to handle my case. He applied for a second time. We are going thru the process and waiting for an answer. How long did you have to wait?? was there something or someone that finally won your approval for Social Security Disabililty. Thanks Sally5

Amyloo - October 25

Hi Sally, I am on SSD and it took (only) 1 and 1/2 years. I was approved based on myofascial pain syndrome and cervical facet syndrome, but now also have fibro. (This came after my award.) I, too, was denied originally. I did not have an attorney, but went before the judge armed only with my father. I was only in his chambers about five minutes when he approved my benefit. I think it was because I had an amazing doctor who new the system and filled out all the right forms. I do recall there was one specific form (one page) that spelled out exactly how my disability would affect my work day. (ex: how many hours a month would this person probably miss due to disability: my doctor answered "30".) I remember this form was on top and he paid most of his attention to it. It came in the mail to me about a month before my hearing and I took it to my doctor and he filled it out and sent me off with it. I don't know if they all go this smoothly; I think I got a pretty libral judge as well. God bless you, if you have any other questions I will try to help. Amy

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question