New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Fibro "fog"
3 Replies
jlinaweaver - May 14

I just joined this site this morning in hopes of getting some help.

I've been having a very hard time concentrating and I believe it's due to my fibro. It's beginning to affect my work in a bad way. Does anybody else suffer from this, or does anybody have any suggestions to improve it?

axxie - May 14

Hi jlinaweaver

Fibro has been described as the "Irritable Everything Syndrome" at times the most disabling, symptoms of FMS may be cognitive deficit (something missing from normal brain function).

Yes we all have them and yes it does affect your work, it's about being irritable, tired, haven't eaten well, not feeling well because of a cold, to not taking care of yourself one day. You do too much, you don't do enough, your medication, your excercise, sometimes its your whole body that will start to act up, some suffer more than others. It's all about many things.

I don't know if you suffer from cognitive difficulties, emotions, flares, function, could be your thyroid, or being hypoglycemia, stress, yeast problems. There are many things that affect your work day.

Fibro may cause you to forget key pieces of information, such as the names of your relatives. Needless to say, this can cause embarrassment. I often talk to my cats at home, and when I go out into the world, I may see a dog in town and say in greeting, "What a good kitty". Sometimes I will be having a discussion about clothes and express what a great purple color, and everyone looks at you and say's it's yellow. That's what I meant to say, it just comes out wrong.

When you are in fibrofog, steam irons are stored in the refrigerator. Freshly made milk drinks go on the shelf, where they silently turn into a dismal green mold. You transpose letters when you write, and you do the same with numbers when you try to balance your checkbook. Some days, you can't even put a coherent sentence together. The words rattle around in your mouth and don't seem to connect coherently to the ideas in your head. This state of utter confusion can last for hours, weeks, or, in the period of magnified symptoms called flare, for months. Fibrofog can go way beyond any other cognitive impairements. Many people have lost their jobs or have had to drop out of school because of extreme nature of the flare/fibrofog combination. It is one of the least recognized and most serious symptoms of FMS.

belle1329 - May 15

I was getting awful fibro fog, I have not been as bad lately, I was having a problem with my meds and seem to think they contributed. Ive been off them and seem to be doing better with the fog, not completely, but much better than I was for a time there, I thought I was going to loose it! Thank God, it must of been part of the flare up, I hope it does not come back like that again any time soon.

JOEGIRL - May 16

Welcome jlinaweaver, I can tell you that I have a hard time concentrating to. Some days are worse than others. I feel like I am just losing it big time when it gets bad.
I wish I could tell you a way to improve it but I don't think it is. At least maybe you will feel better knowing you are not alone in this.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question