New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Stephanie417 - October 9

Lately Ive been fatigued... anyone else feel like they are drugged?.. That is how I feel.. that and my limbs feel almost tingly sort of.. I dont know.. This is all hitting me at once..

JJ1 - October 9

Fatigue and fibrofog are my worst symptoms. I have a problem with anemia as well. Are you seeing a doctor regularly and getting blood tests done?

Stephanie417 - October 9

Ive had many blood tests, yes.. Everything has been normal.. thank goodness.. I guess this is probably fibrofog.. just not used to it yet.. ugh.. do not like it !!

JJ1 - October 9

To me the anemia was almost good news because after receiving iron injections I was able to improve my condition (still have fibrofog, but fatigue is lifted some). Isn't that sad when we are glad to find something else is wrong with us because it can be treated whereas FMS cannot.

Stephanie417 - October 9

exactly !!.. i recently had x rays on my ribs because my pain was so bad... Sadly I was hoping I had a cracked rib or even broken, so I would have a definate answer to my pain... Its almost like when you dont have an exact answer its left up in the air and you still worry..

TERESA - October 9

We've all been there, wishing they would find something wrong just so we'd have something to blame & everyone wouldn't think we are faking or crazy drug seaking hypochondriacs!!

Janie - October 9

For Stephanie: You said: 'Sadly I was hoping I had a cracked rib or even broken, so I would have a definate answer to my pain..." I am telling you.... IF THEY CAN FIND NOTHING WRONG ON XRAYS FOR WHAT IS CAUSING YOUR PAIN IT IS DUE TO TRIGGER POINTS.... all the anti-inflamatories in the world will not touch that pain!!! I see post after post of your worries about this. The reason why I keep responding to you is because I was EXACTLY where you are NOW about 5 years ago, the pain & agony & fear lasted for years, it was horrible & no doctor could explain the severity of the pain or help me fix it. Doctors do not know much about the muskoskeletal system- unless they specialize in it. I will post the link to the Trigger Point info again below.... I am only responding to you again because I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL... you do not have to suffer like this in physical pain & fear. I wish someone like me had told me this stuff years ago & saved me 3 years of anguish.... If you are hesitant to believe me, ask for a referral to a PHYSIATRIST they will confirm this for you. Good Luck to you & try to stop worrying, it makes the pain so much worse!

Janie - October 9

Chest pain (inflammation of the ribs) may actually be referred pain from myofascial trigger points (tiny contraction knots) in strained or overworked pectoral muscles of the chest. Pain from these trigger points can also lead to the supposition that you have a separated rib. Referred pain is felt most often as an oppressive deep ache, although movement can sharpen the pain. Referred myofascial pain can be as intense and intolerable as pain from any other cause, including surgery. Myofascial pain can do a very good job of mimicking a heart attack. The defining symptom of a trigger point is referred pain; that is, trigger points usually send their pain to some other site. This is an extremely misleading phenomenon and is the reason conventional treatments for pain so often fail. It’s a mistake to assume that the problem is at the place that hurts! Travell and Simons’s research has shown that trigger points are the primary cause of pain 75% of the time and are at least a part of nearly every pain problem. Even fibromyalgia may have its beginnings with myofascial trigger points. Luckily, the pain and other symptoms caused by trigger points occur in predictable patterns. When you know where to look, trigger points are easily located and deactivated with simple techniques of self-applied massage. Massage of the trigger point flushes the tissue and helps the trigger point’s contracted sarcomeres begin to release. In dealing directly with the trigger point, massage is the safest, most natural, and most effective form of pain therapy. You may have the wrong idea about your pain
—and so may your doctor!
Doctors Travell and Simons believe that pain is widely misunderstood, misinterpreted, and misdiagnosed. Their clinical experience has shown that trigger points can often be the true cause of the pain and other symptoms
its not about a particular book, but the following site is really good: SEE THE LINK @ http://www.triggerpointbook.com/index
.html#symptomindex

Janie - October 9

Dr. Travell studied & researched trigger points her whole life, she pioneered the treatment in this pain syndrome (CMP) So this isn't just another "theory".... it is a proven fact. Dr Janet Travell was JFK's personal doctor in the white house, he suffered from chonic pain all his life. Please write back & let me know if this helps you or anyone else. Thanks.

Theodora - October 10

For Stephenie: see agian Jane post here: "" trigger points are the primary cause of pain 75% of the time and are at least a part of nearly every pain problem. "" see, this is anywhere not just rib or chest. I have it sometime in stomach & hip & shoulder too. I am big worrier too, it is hard not to think the worst when pain is so bad. Go to this site about this all again, if you look through it well- you will see. this is not the only site, google the subject & learn about this, it will help you less worry.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question