New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Does Medrol work?
2 Replies
coop - September 8

My doc has given me a medrol pack for my current flare up.
I'm new to all this. I didn't know steroids worked on FMS pain.
Any and all input would be appreciated.

Fantod - September 9

The short answer is: no. Medrol is the generic for predisone. If you have an underlying medical condition such as arthitis, Medrol could be a proper response to reduce inflammation. Steroids do not work for FMS. You might consider finding someone else to treat your FMS. I suspect the Dr. may have given you Medrol to make you go away. Unfortunately , there are many physicians out there who would do the same thing or worse. There are a lot of side effects with Prednisone epecially with long term use. I would really question their motives for this prescription and if it were me, move on to another physician. Best of luck to you.

skidoo - September 13

Medrol, a corticosteroid drug, is used to reduce inflammation and improve symptoms in a variety of disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, acute gouty arthritis, and severe cases of asthma. Medrol may be given to people to treat primary or secondary adrenal cortex insufficiency (inability of the adrenal gland to produce sufficient hormone). It is also given to help treat the following disorders:

Severe allergic conditions (including drug-induced allergic states)
Blood disorders (leukemia and various anemias)
Certain cancers (along with other drugs)
Skin diseases (including severe psoriasis)
Connective tissue diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus
Digestive tract diseases such as ulcerative colitis
High serum levels of calcium associated with cancer
Fluid retention due to nephrotic syndrome (a condition in which damage to the kidney causes loss of protein in urine)
Various eye diseases
Lung diseases such as tuberculosis
Worsening of multiple sclerosis

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question