Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Disability
3 Replies
Maura A. - November 26

Hi
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I received a letter from my lawyer about the information he has sent to the Appeals Council, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review. They are with the Social Security Administration. He has given them new evidence and questions on the decisions on the old evidence. My family doctor also wrote a wonderful letter about my condition and how long I have had it and the fact that I cannot go back to work. She points out this is a life-long disability. I am now using a wheelchair when I go out and I can tell soon I will need it for inside. And she puts that information also in her letter. Disability courts are very interesting. They so far have said no even with the notes of my doctors who tell them I have Fibromyalgia, RSD and a failled knee replacement. But the judge decided that I should be able to go back to work and stand 6 to 8 hours a day. My case may take another year but I am hoping with the letter from my doctor and the information from the other doctors that they will agree in my favor. So lets all don't give up. We have worked as long as we can. I worked over 20 years after I first found out about what was going on. I think it was what we knew we had to do. Our parents worked and we never consided not going to work on bad days and good days. I am glad I did it and wish I could continue. I miss the people I worked with. We all know it is hard to stop doing something that we loved. And I would like to say again how much this forum has helped me. You all have a wonderful outlook even on bad days. And I am trying to go with your example. Thank you all. Sorry this was so long.

Virg - November 26

Hi Maura A. you've really said it beautifuly and so right about work and missing the people. I sometimes have to stop and give myself a pat and say that I did put in my time. I sure hope you'll get your coverage before the year is up. Have a great day....

Maura A. - November 26

Thank you Virg for your kind words. We get buy with the help of all our friends. Some we know and the people on this forum. Thanks again.

CarrieLee - December 13

Bump!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question