New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Cymbalta and fibromyalgia
7 Replies
shellybrace - June 21

I recently heard that the FDA has approved the anti-depressant Cymbalta for the treatment of fibromyalgia. Has anyone tried it or had any other experience with it? How did it work for you?

VictoriaB - June 21

Hi!, Yes, i just started on cymbalta for the 2nd time, I had to stop the first time because of stomach problems but my doc encouraged to give it another try. I for the first time in a couple of years can get out of bed without holding onto something! I still have pain but I am not completely focoused on how do get by for the day now, it has also helped my general anxiety over the shape I am in. I am hopeful that it will work for me. I am still taking my pain meds right now also. Good Luck!

Fantod - June 22

Hello shellybrace, Yes I am using Cymbalta. I am on 30mg which is all that I can tolerate. It does seem to help with the overall pain. I do have some mnor trouble with tremors in my hands which is a rare side effect. Doesn't stop me from doing anything. I think that is has been helpful. I also take gabapentin for nerve pain (100mg). The combination of the two seems to work better than just one or the other. Take care.

lynda66 - July 25

been taking 60mg cymbalta for the last year and a half, my symptoms have got worse in the last 8 months, so either cymbalta is working really well and i'll be crippled without it, or its actually doing nothing at all to help the pain. i'm also on 10mg amitryptiline

trash7d - July 27

I tried it for a few weeks. It worked great for the pain. But I stopped taking it because I couldn't sleep or go to the bathroom while on the medication.

cas56 - July 27

Hi! I have been using Cymbalta 30 mg in am and 60 pm. It has helped with the nerve pain and the depression as well. I also take neurontin and celebrex daily as well. I wish you well!

RitaJ - July 27

Yes I have tried Cymbalta. I was on a low dosage and it made me too sleepy. It also made me feel sick to my stomach. My legs would jump at night also. I stopped taking it because I couldnt get house work done due to sleepiness and walking around zoned out. I also had dry mouth from taking them and stayed thirsty.

Painwithgrace - July 27

My doctor has recommended that I increase my dose of Cymbalta to 120 mg. (Previously I was taking 80mg). Apparently they are recommending a higher dose for fibromyalgia than for treatment of depression (60mg). I haven't been taking this dose long enough to know if it will help or side effects yet.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question