Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Could I have Fibromyalgia??
1 Replies
cmpslp - September 18

Hi there,

I am just wondering if anyone could possibly shed a little light on my situation. I haven't seen or spoken to a doctor yet about my symptoms...I am the type that bottles up everything and then when I have had enough..I finally speak out and then seek help..yes I am very stubborn.

Anyways, to start with, I am a 32 yr. old female 125 lbs. Not overweight by any means. So we can rule out any health issues regarding weight which is good thing.

I am positive that I have very bad knees which I have created from cleaning homes for 15 years, which I finally quit doing 1 year ago.

My knees are terrible..they radiate pain almost all the time.

On top of that I have shooting pains in random parts of my body. Which come and go within a matter of 5-20 seconds. Some run from my shoulder into my arm, my legs for the last two days have ached non stop without any strenuous activity. Shooting pains from ankle to top of foot. Shooting pain from wrist to halfway up my hand. Shooting pains from my eye to my cheek. And so on and so forth. It is aweful. This is getting worse and worse as well. I finally told my husband about this and today was the day I told him since it has gone on all day long. I have had this off and on for the last 2 years. My knees have been bad for 5 years...but I have blown them off and dealt with it. The radiating pain that I feel in my legs almost mimick body aches such as the flu. Sometimes it feels this way in my back and shoulders as well.

I am always..and I mean always tired. I know I sleep all night long without waking up, but I find it very hard anymore to become motivated and feel like I could sleep all the time. It is terrible.

The pain associated in my legs and knees make me feel like I am too weak to stand up. So I mainly sit now and try to avoid standing as much as possible. This has come about within the last couple months and is getting much worse.

I have always been very active and noticed that something is definitely not right.

I do have anxiety, but have not spoken with a doctor about that either.

I do have an aunt who was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I never knew what it was until I researched it today.

I think this should cover everything for now, I am just looking for some insight before I even go into the doctors. I almost feel as if I shouldn't go...I have such a hard time admitting that there may be something wrong with myself.

Thank you in advance for any help, I appreciate it,

Pikespeak - September 19

Hi Shelly! Welcome! I can't relate to the shooting pain, but I can address the sleep/being tired issue. You say that you sleep through the night, but you must not feel rested as you say you are tired. You may not be getting the deep sleep that is so important to your health. Do you have a hard time getting to sleep? If you can read FROM FATIGUED TO FANTASTIC by Dr. Joseph Teitelbaum and FIBROMYALGIA FOR DUMMIES, you will have a better idea if you might have FMS. IMHO, do not go to the doctor until you have kept a journal of your symptoms/diet/exercise and go armed with the literature that "fits" your situation. As you can see from other posts here, people have been mis-diagnosed, given inappropriate drugs and now have permanent damage. Ask around to find the best doctor! Call your aunt--she might be your best ally as you try to figure out what's going on. After taking Lyrica and Savella for over a year, I no longer need/take these drugs. I find that all I need is a sleeping pill, some topical salve for pain, pain meds for break-through pain (as needed), massages (from my husband) and gentle stretching exercises. I lead a very normal/active life, but make sure to build in lots of rests (I'm 57).

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question