New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
chest pain
2 Replies
Lucy1965 - March 30

Hi I am new to this group wanted to introduce myself..I'm feeling really really low today..I have fibromyalgia for 10 years, 2 years undiagnosed. I am on all kinds of meds,narcotics. I hate it. But its the only thing that helps me be functional in society. I have many other health issues to say the least. But recently I ended up in the hospital with chest pain. And all the tests came out negative. I am baffled not knowing what this is. The pains come and go, but they're pretty bad. Its like a deep aching pain inside the middle of my chest. I have to stop and lay down when it happens. Does anyone have this too. My Rheumotologist said it could be fibro causing it.Thanks.

Fantod - March 31

lucy1965- Welcome to the board!

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. The condition causes localized chest pain that you can reproduce by pushing on the cartilage in the front of your ribcage. Costochondritis is a relatively harmless condition and usually goes away without treatment. The cause is usually unknown. This is a very common problem among people with Fibromyalgia (FMS). The condition affects females more than males (70% versus 30%).

Take some time to read all of the information in the blue boxes on the lefthand side of this page. There is a lot of good information there.
Take care.

Lee2010 - March 31

Hi Lucy,
I think that I know what kind of pain you're talking about. I, too, have experienced chest pain. I was laying in bed, rolled over, and immediately felt a crushing, deep pain in the middle of my chest. I tried to move around to see if it would go away, but it wouldn't. I woke my husband up and he drove me to the emergency room where I underwent all kinds of tests that also came out negative. It's happened to me a couple of times, so I'm assuming it's fibro. The doc in the emergency room suggested that I go for a stress test, which I haven't done yet. My husband had a heart attack and has had open heart surgery, so I am extremely sensitive to any chest pain now. We are already very conscious of the food that we eat and exercising when we can. Unfortunately, because of the fibro, exercising for me is spotty at best, but my husband is pretty good about it. I used to worry about the chest pain, since I'm also on pills for high BP, but I just decided to let the worry go. I have enough on my plate and the tests were all negative. However, I do plan on going for a stress test in the coming months. That will give me a somewhat definitive answer and really put the worry to rest.
Hang in there and I hope that you don't have to experience that again. I know how scary it is.
Lee

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question