New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Chest Pain
3 Replies
coffeebean - March 13

Can some of you describe more in detail your chest pain? Obviously like many of you state I am scaird when my chest hurts. I describe it as a burn in the upper left side. How long does yours last as far as each day when it hurts? It is just causing me more anxiety worrying about it. They have only done an EGK for far. Please describe your chest pain and how long it occurs.

Adaire - March 15

Hey CB. Did you read the thread about myofascial pain and triggerpoints? I pasted a link on another "chest pain" post here a few days ago. I have had chest pain for several years now, mine is usually one-sided too. It switches sides but of course the left side is the 'heart' side, so that is the scariest. This is really common with fibro. Just look how many people here are posting about chest pain! I'll repaste that site again. Make sure they give you an x-ray as well. an EKG will only tell them how your heart is during the few minutes of that test... it doesn't tell them about anything structurally in your chest or back. If the x-ray looks good its probably myofascial pain, which hurts like hell but is benign. So many of us have this, its a bitch.

Adaire - March 15

www.triggerpointbook.com/angina.htm

Iinda - March 15

coffeebean: I have this pain that feels like burning. if it is tender or painful when pressed upon that means it is muscular and nothing more. Try some heat and massage. I know it is incredibly painful and anxiety provoking! the link that Adaire posted is great, have a look and let us know how you are. Take good care, Linda.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question