Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Arm pain
2 Replies
belle1329 - March 27

Hi everyone
I have asked this question in my replies to people but didnt get any input. I finally discovered how to create my own posting. lol.
I have been felling better lately, not free of all pain, still have my trigger points. Not sleeping well ,but better lately. I thnk it has alot to do with the weather. I cant stand the cold, so I make sure to try to keep warm and it helps alot, Im glad the cold weather is starting to break
My arms are in constant pain, when I have a bad flare up , I cant stand it. But I have been able to tolerate it this past week. Im not on any meds outside of tylenol/advil. But the elbow of my arm has been acting up, where it clicks all day when I use it, it hurts alot towards the end of the day and my right arm under the pit and back of arm/shoulder/clavical hurts to lift, along with the constant achy feeling (like the growing pains I used to experience as a child) Is anyone else experienceing this grinding/clickking on any of thier joints. Just want to know any inputs or if I am just dealing with another symptom and need to go back for PT/OT I had this problem with my knee, when I first began with FM 1 and a half years ago, when diagnosed. Any input will be appreciated Thanks everyone :-)

TRACIEDC74 - March 27

THE WEATHER DEFINATELY AFFECTS MY PAIN. ESPECIALLY RAINY, HUMID, OR COLD WEATHER. I ALSO HAVE THAT SAME PAIN IN MY ARMS. MINE SEEMS TO START IN MY NECK THOUGH, AND GRADUALLY MOVE DOWN TO MY SHOULDERS AND THEN TO MY ARMS AND HANDS.AND YOU'RE RIGHT, IT IS CONSTANT AND MISERABLE.
CORTISONE SHOTS WILL HELP ALOT AND THEY LAST A LONG TIME. MAYBE YOU COULD ASK YOUR DOCTOR TO GIVE YOU ONE.ANOTHER THING, IS YOU PROBABLY NEED TO BE ON PRESCRIPTION MEDS LIKE FLEXERIL, ELAVIL, LYRICA,ULTRAM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. YOU'LL GET THROUGH THIS, SO JUST TRY TO REMEMBER THAT. I HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON!

axxie - March 27

Hi belle1329, not sure what the pain is, apart from maybe a shoulder bag that is to heavy, and the arm could be trigger points, the pain can be because it's repetitive. If you work, and you handle work office, is your chair, computer and table ergonomically correct. Sometimes, it just an adjustment you need and it might help you with the pain.
If you are not sleeping very much because of Fms and you say you are not on any medication apart from Tylenol and Advil, and you want to sleep a good night sleep for now what you can use is Benadryl (the pink pill) this will help you fall asleep. I used to use it prior to finding out I had FMs, it's not habit forming, and that's what they use in the over the counter medication for sleeping.
I have that click sound at my shoulder area, and I find when I don't drink loads of water and don't take my fish oil, it click more, and seems to go away after a few days.
If the drugs are not doing well for you, try using naproxen it's helps with the pain, you can buy this over the counter in the US, under the one of the name brand Aleve it helps with the inflammation. If you are not from the US, then I would try Atasol extra strengh, it does the same thing. If you are tired of taking all those pills, you can try different oils, cream and gels that you apply locally. You can also try cortisone shots they help and it last a long time, if not then chiro might be better.
As for the cold, raining and drafts just don't seem to jive with us FMs. I always wear something around my neck, except in the hot humid days.
When I was doing well, and I din't have this hell, the master where I was practising chinese movements, told me, that if you take care of the trunk of yr body, dressing in layers in the winter and wearing a scarf, you would never get pain around those area, he explained how you can have shorts on in the winter and you would never be cold if the trunk of your body was well dressed. I believe him, ever since I have been wearing a scarf and I have never felt the cold, the way I used to prior.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question