New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Abdominal pain
3 Replies
tabbytessie - May 13

For several months now, I have had recurrent abdominal pain (as well as many of other fibromyalgia symptoms too).

It is mostly upper right under my right ribs. It moves around frequently from my chest area, to under my right ribs, my right flank, side and midback and shoulder blade. Sometimes I can go for a day or so without pain but it is usually there in at least one of these places all the time. I have NO fever, nausea, vomiting, diarhhea etc.

I have already had ultrasounds and blood work but the doctors say it must be GERD. They say I have some sludge in my gallbladder but no stones.

Could this be fibromyalgia?

axxie - May 14

tabbytessie, your symptoms could be anything and it could be just GERD. Unless you have been diagnose with fibro, I or anyone else would not be able to know what you have.

You see fibromyalgia is the commonest cause of widespread pain, and it may remain undiagnosed for a long time. The word syndrome means a group of signs and symptoms that occur together and that characterize a particular abnormality.

I wish I had an answer for you, but no one would be able to tell you what you have, until your doctors have put a battery of tests, to rule out other illnesses.
Good luck to y ou

kjscns09 - August 19

I was told that I had sludge in my gall bladder, I was also told that everyone does. However, my gallbladder was only working 12 percent of what it should have been, so yes, I had it out. However, I still have pain under my left and right side of my stomach, about 3 or 4 fingers under my rib cage. Very scary!

tnichel - August 20

Me too. Have you researched trigger points and myofascial pain? My doc says the pain under my left rib is actually a trigger point. And it can get pretty swollen and tender on that side so I try to massage to loosen it up.

I also did some research and found that a lot of people who have had their gall bladder taken out also have pain in the same area (left side). For the life of me I can't remember where I found it. I'll post if I find it.

So those are the two best possibilities I've found. Only my pain mgmt took the side pain seriously. Every other doctor blew it off. I also find leaning my abdomen against my desk also makes it worse so working on your posture may help.

And one day I went for a walk after doing not execercise for a long while (serious flare setback). Well, 10 minutes into that walk I felt something pop on that side and it hurt like heck, however once the pain subsided that area felt looser and not as tender. Hope this helps...sorry so long.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question