New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
What should be the Fibromyalgia diet?
2 Replies
tiffybanks - February 27

Am I ingesting a diet of 60-80 % vegetables and fruits and the left 20-40 % of meat, pastas and grains?” Possibly NOT. As a matter of fact, the largest numbers of our patients the 1st times they see us are backwards. About 80 % of meat, diary, grains, pastas and breads are the foods they eat while fruits and vegetables are just 20 %.
The 80/20 Rule, where 80 % are fruits and vegetables and 20 % are breads, meat, diary pasta, and grains will drastically increase the alkalinity in your tissues leading to a substantial improvement in your fibromyalgia symptoms. It is imperative to keep in mind that changing the body’s pH doesn’t cure disease, but enable the body to heal itself by means of getting rid the toxins. As a result of learning the alkaline-acid connection- you’ll be knowledgeable to create an internal environment that not only fights fibromyalgia yet function at a higher level.

foods must be included in your diet and these are the following:

Pineapple, raisins, plums, veggie juices, apples, alfalfa sprouts, apricots, avocados, bananas (ripe), currants, dates, fresh figs, garlic, grapefruit, herbs (leafy green), lettuce (leafy green), nectarines, peaches, pears, peas (fresh, sweet), pumpkins, sea salt, beans (fresh, green), beets, bell peppers, broccoli, different forms ofcabbage, carob, cauliflower, ginger (fresh), oranges, potatoes (with skin), raspberries, strawberries, squash, sweet corn (fresh), turnips, vinegar (apple cider), lemons, watermelon, cantaloupe, cayenne celery, dates, figs, kelp, limes, mango, melons, papaya, parsley, seaweeds, seedless grapes, watercress, asparagus, fruit juices, grapes, kiwifruit, passion fruit, and pears (sweet) as well.

Try to avoid the processed foods! Processed foods are loaded with chemicals. Apart from it is a toxic to our system but also very acidic to our body.

Hope this helps, this is Tifanny Fairbanks and I am a newbie here.Just like the majority of members here I am very much concern and conscious about healthy lifestyle. This forum site looks great and I'm looking forward to establish interesting discussions with all of you. So see you around guys. Have a great day.

January - March 16

Hi tiffy, welcome to the site, it is a good one. And thanks for your great post about alkaline diets. I agree, stay away from the processed foods as much as we can! And the red meat too (now they say iron is bad for you!)

I am currently researching mold illness as a possible factor in fibro - so I was interested today to read that if mold is causing your illness, you have to be careful to avoid dried fruits (raisins, apricots, etc.) and also be very careful with produce that easily grows mold (raspberries, avocados, etc.) Melons have always made me get asthma - a few years ago I learned that most melons are contaminated with mold. When you slice through the skin, you distribute the mold. (I am allergic to mold.)

I've worked hard to get better from fibro, and for me that meant going gluten free. Avoiding all kinds of cereal grains has helped me. Now I read that most of the processed breads and cereals you buy at the store are contaminated with small amounts of mold!

So yes, we need to eat healthy, but also clean! Scrub the skins of veggies and fruit, or you could try soaking them for 15 minutes in a big vat of water with a few drops of Clorox. (My mom did this when we lived in a 3rd world country, and we never got sick.) Clorox is toxic, I know, but so is mold, parasites and bacteria.

Jocelyn - April 17

good to know

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question